Friday, February 01, 2008

A Fabulous Artist

Heads up people! I just found out that a good friend of mine, Sharon Wise, not only has a website, but she has her art in several galleries. Congratulations girlfriend! I've seen her paintings up close and personal and they are simply gorgeous. Sharon works in water colors, but you're not going to believe what you see. When I publish my first book, I'm going to treat myself to one of her prints. Sharon creates her own settings, takes her own professional photographs, enlarges them and paints from those. Each painting takes hundreds of hours and can have over 20 layers of color. I rented and lived downstairs from Sharon for two years. We took lots of walks together and went for Thai food on occasion. After I moved into my condo, Sharon and I met several times for tea and girl talk. Not only is she a rare artist, (I've never seen any work like hers) she is also a dear friend. You go girl!

No comments: