Tuesday, February 26, 2008

By way of information

Chemo has not started yet. Apparently red tape at Kaiser is nation-wide, not just on the West Coast. Kaiser here should have sent approval of my treatment plan back to the doctor already, but they haven't. When one of my doctor's employees called yesterday, she found out that the process hadn't even been started! She was pretty upset and told them that someone had to print out the ok and hand deliver it to the right department for faxing to her. I should be able to get a firm start date scheduled today. Hope it's soon because the fluid around my lungs (both sides) is getting worse, making it difficult to move much, talk and breathe. Don't be alarmed...I'm not far from the hospital and I will go in for another lovely lung tap if I have to, but I'm really just wanting to get started on the chemo which should take care of the fluid problem on its own.

No comments: