Monday, December 08, 2008

Special People


Last week I flew non-stop to Salt Lake City; Madelyn flew in from Friday Harbor and we met at the airport. Our destination was our mom's house in White Rocks, but that evening we stayed with Clytie and Spence in Kaysville.

The Adams served a mission to California in 2005 and we became instant good friends. They showed up at my condo when my hair was in a ponytail and I was painting in preparation for a house-warming party. An eternal friendship was born.

I will long remember the other evening, the fire in the fireplace, the delicious meal, (the pottawattamie jelly!) the wonderful conversation. The four of us talked for hours and could have talked longer if we hadn't been so tired. I was proud to show my sister off to my friends and vice-versa! Before we left on Tuesday morning, Clytie gave me this picture of Brandon that was in her album. It was from their farewell party right before they returned home to Utah. Thank you so much. This picture brings back warm memories of Brandon and that time in our lives.

No comments: