Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Buzz, buzz, buzz

Once upon a time, again
my hair began to shed
just like cats in summertime
the mess I made, oh dread!
I flew that week from East to West
to Mama's house I went
No brush or comb I used at all
and silk scarves was I lent

When I got home I couldn't wait
to have the mess removed.
My daughter turned the clippers on;
my sanity improved.

Owen helped; his little face
it bore such concentration.
When he stopped Chantel resumed.
His look of consternation
disappeared, he laughed and shrieked,
"You look like Uncle Clayton!"
I thought I did, and maybe do
look like my youngest child,
But John and I look so alike,
as he would say, "That's wild!"
(I love ya, Bo!)
And family, thanks for the buzz party!

1 comment:

Maipenrai said...

This post made me smile. I love you Aunty Martha :)