Thursday, January 04, 2007

Last Morning Love

Today I return home to the Bay Area and I admit, it is with great ambivalence. I have loved being in a new place, seeing new country, checking out some universities (yesterday I went to Baltimore), but mostly I have loved being with, and a part of, this wonderful family.

Chantel, You are everything a mother could hope for. Your love for your family and the consistent, firm, and loving way you and Austin parent is a joy and a wonder to see. You are an example to all of us and I love and appreciate your strength, testimony and faith. Thank you for the extra care you gave me, my own space, the special mattress, waiting to decorate the tree until I got here. Thankyou for including me in family nights and family prayer, for the beautiful stocking, and for all the extra traveling we did together to see this wonderful part of the country. I will miss you and yours, but I know that our family love is forever. My favorite memory will be hearing and seeing your morning ritual of love with your little ones--what a treasure. With Love, xo, Mom

Reading time before breakfast.


Morning love with Owen


Soren grabs Owen for a kiss--notice his hand on Owen's ear!

No comments: