Saturday, November 25, 2006

Gratitude

I am so thankful for my family. I know that's a phrase that gets tossed around a lot sometimes, but I wonder if my family really knows how much I love each of them. You, and you, and you, and you...My Mom flew out from Utah this year. She's such a little bird now! My older sister Madelyn and her husband Jeff flew down from Washington, and their son Alex came out from Nashville. There were 14 of us around a giant table in Marty's new house. Madelyn made a toast "to all the family who aren't here today," then names came up individually all around, "Leah...Brother John and his family...Chantel and Austin...Owen and Soren...Larry...John and Jasmine...Estee and Mike..." I sat and listened, watched faces, heard names, and I felt so blessed to not only love my own family, but know that my brothers and sisters feel the same way. We had an amazing meal (Bruch women can cook!) and Rachel taught Andrew how to dip truffles. He's a natural at it! I will try to get a photo from Rachel or Sheila and post it for y'all to see. Anyway, if you're reading this post, know that you've touched my life, from you I have learned, and for you I am thankful. I have many other things to be thankful for as well, but nothing is as important as our love for one another.

No comments: