Saturday, November 25, 2006

1st Post, Thank you!

After following Chantel and Austin's posts for almost a year, I decided to jump on the wagon (where did that phrase come from anyway?--I'll look it up and let you know) and create a blog of my own. I'm in my last year of school at Mills, but I feel as though I'm already out of there because I'm in the process of applying to grad school. I've chosen the University of Montana, Missoula; University of North Carolina, Wilmington; University of Baltimore; West Virginia University; Emerson College in Boston; University of Iowa, and University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; I will be pursuing an MFA in creative non-fiction. There are plenty of creative writing programs out there, and all of them offer MFAs in fiction or poetry; only some offer an emphasis in non-fiction, and that's where my interests lie and, apparently, my talents. Angels on Earth magazine will be publishing another true story of mine this coming Spring. I gradutate from Mills on May 12. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. So anyway, thank you, Chantel and Austin, for showing us all how it works. I love my family and I'm grateful to live in a time when technology allows us to keep in contact in a variety of ways.

No comments: