Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fantasy

Owen has the capability of going into "imagination mode" and staying there for hours. The past few days I've been to a ball with queens, kings and a very large fire-breathing but nice dragon named Scuff-scuff (because that's the sound he makes when he scratches on the door to get in, hmm, maybe some canine in his pedigree). I won the award for best dancer and Scuff-scuff presented me with a giant emerald from his cavern of jewels. In fact, he has so many jewels that he loaned them to the queen in order to cover her floor and make the castle appear more festive. Later, he used his fire-breathing capabilities to zap all the brown leaves on the queen's property--much faster than raking and bagging, don't you think?

I've also spent some time in the cellar (aka beneath my down comforter) hiding from several raging tornados which completely obliterated the house each time. But thank goodness our little dog was still alive protected by Scuff-scuff. And, of course, nothing can hurt Scuff-scuff. He stayed outside the cellar and fought the tornados single-handed, (or single-footed?).

When I wasn't in the cellar or at the ball, I was the giant evil toad who turns his enemies into mushrooms. He can be invisible and he's immune to electricity so no amount of zapping will do.

I also rode inside a magic spaceship whose people spend most of their time exploring caves and caverns and collecting specimens of rocks and jewels. The spaceship, too, can become invisible if necessary to get away from an enemy.

Then, alas, I became the magic witch doctor whose potion (ham and beans) cured Spaceman Spiff of his ailments inflicted by contact with aliens. He thought the beans tasted gross but the potion worked he came back for seconds on the ham.

Oh oh, I hear the wind raging again. Another tornado?? What are we going to do???

No comments: