Saturday, October 06, 2007

Clayton and Michele's little one

was born on Thursday, Oct 4, 2007. I cried when Clayton first put Rolan Andrew in my arms. He is so beautiful, with lots of thick dark hair and full round cheeks. Something happened to me, physically, when I met him. I won't try to explain it because I don't think I can do the experience justice and to try and fail would serve no purpose. What I can say for sure is that tiny perfect humans are gifts from heaven, and being a direct line recipient of that is a gift as well, a gift that I realize, not every woman gets to experience. I'm very grateful to be Grammy. I can't imagine me without her.

Michele had a long labor but she did well. I am so proud of both her and Clayton. They are tired but reveling in parenthood. After meeting Rolan, Larry exclaimed: "He's so gorgeous it makes you want to drink him in with your eyes--forever!" What a poetic Papa! I will post pictures as soon as I can get them emailed to me.

1 comment:

Bluebell said...

I am DYING here! Someone throw me a bone, will ya?