Friday, May 09, 2008

Family Connections

On the way to and from Memphis, I spent the night in Oak Ridge at my sister-in-law's Katheryne's house. We have been friends since we first met at 16 and 18. We went to the same obstetrician and the same Lamaze class, and we had our first babies three weeks apart. We were inseparable in those days. Our oldest boys, Brandon and Ardell, remained close as well. Katheryne is the kind of friend who loves me unconditionally, and we always take up right where we left off whether it's been a week or, in some cases, years. Here are pictures from that part of my trip. Thanks, Sarah, for the download!

Emily, Sarah and Me
Owan and Emily, Sarah and Matt. Emily's baby girl Eva is due on July the 4th.
Sarah and Matt, married 4 years this December. Matt served in Iraq and just recently finished his time in the Marines. Sarah works as a dental hygienist.
Sarah
Emily
Me and Kath.
Ardell and his well-mannered, well-adjusted, obedient and delightful son, Tyler. Ardell is a wonderful father. I'm so proud of you!!
Ardell, Sarah, Tyler and me.
Me, Emily and Sarah. I was so touched that Emily came from Knoxville in a heavy rainstorm in order to see me. She spent the night at her Mom's and we got to spend more time together.
Emily and her husband, Owan.

No comments: