Thursday, June 21, 2007

Drifting into Consciousness

Well, can't tell you how good this feels, to connect with the world again both literally and figuratively. I am doing well. Surgery was major, major but no complications and I'm healing well. The emotional swings are a bit harder, both from all of a sudden finding myself in a new group, but also the immediate moving into menopause. I don't have a problem with that. In fact, when I had a hysterectomy a few years ago, I rejoiced at never having to have periods again! But now with both ovaries gone as well, I don't quite know what to expect regarding loss of hormones. I'm sure there are answers. Nervous about the chemo. (Starts next week). My mom will come out here when I'm ready and I think that will be good because she is a wiz with both food and nutrition. A Kaiser nurse today told me that when I eat, make sure it's something that my body needs and can use. Don't waste calories on junk.

I'm so glad to be at my sister's. She gave me two brand new rooms in the quiet wing--one for my bedroom and one for a living room. They are next to each other and right now, almost everything I own is in one room or the other. I can visit with friends, enjoy my lovely things, and avoid having to put furniture in storage.

Please keep your prayers and emails and cards coming. They mean so much to me.

Sometimes I feel as though I'm just waking up from a long, bad dream. I wonder, "Is this my life?" But it is. I just hope I have enough courage and faith. Friends and family tell me I do, and when I don't, I can lean on theirs. I love you all... so much

No comments: