Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Change of Plans

Most of you know by now that I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I apologize if you are finding out for the first time. Everything has happened at top speed, including diagnosis, settling on a treatment plan, and moving out of my condo. Larry managed to squeeze in our long planned trip to Idaho to see mother as well. I adore and revere her and I'm so glad that I got to see her when I did. She will be 91 in September.

Tomorrow I have surgery at Kaiser. I'll be at the hospital for about a week, then I will be staying with my sister Rachel in Concord. Chemo will start in 2 to 3 weeks. My new mailing address is 1777 Kirker Pass Rd, Concord, 94521. My cell phone number is the same, but I will probably not be on the phone much. I have every confidence in my Heavenly Father and the love of so many friends and family members. This will not be fun, but in the end, all will be well. I will post more as I'm able. With love...

3 comments:

newbieooo said...

Remember that, even though some of us are farther away than we'd like, we are ALL with you on your journey to recovery. We love you, support you and believe in you and your body's ability to rebuild and repair itself! We send all of our love, support and positive thoughts to take with you into surgery tomorrow! Love,
Mike, Estee, Morgan & Sabine

Anonymous said...

This is Angie, Clayton's friend. I enjoyed visiting with you today. You are in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I will send you a message as soon as I create my blogspot. Congrates on graduating. I enjoyed viewing your site.

Anonymous said...

Martha! This is Becca. I just wanted to let you know that I was shocked and immediately saddened to hear about your cancer. I am sorry for what you are going through and what you will have to go through. My boyfriend has cancer, and I've been dealing with his cancer situation for the last 8 months. Its very trying just to watch him go through chemo's and hospital visits...so I can imagine what it will be like, going through it. I just wanted to let you know, that you are in my prayers and I wish you a VERY speedy recovery back to perfect health. I always enjoy reading your blogs and hearing about eveything. Congrats on graduation. I hope everything else is going okay, considering the circumstances. Keep strong and remember you're in my prayers!

Becca